For Your Visit
Before Your Surgery
- A nurse will be calling two to three days prior to your surgery to get a health history, a list of your medications, and confirm your arrival time for your surgery day.
- Discuss your current medications with your physician to see if you should stop taking any of them before surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from the surgery center.
- Don’t wear make-up or jewelry and leave valuables at home.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing.
- Do no eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Bring your insurance/Medicare card.
- Before your procedure, our nurse will give you eye drops.
- You’ll receive medication to help you relax.
At Home, After Surgery
- As a general rule, all activities are okay one week after surgery.
- Follow all of the physician’s instructions.
- With the exception of alcohol, you can continue your normal diet.
- Use eye medications as labeled and resume all other medications as prescribed.